Updated: Feb 22
November 4, 2021 @ 5:15 p.m. EST
The New Moon joins her brother the Sun in Scorpio @ 12˚39’. New Moons are about new beginnings, initiating change and taking action. With both celestial bodies in the same sign of Scorpio, this is a terrific time to:
1) Take inventory of your emotions. Is jealousy or insecurity causing issues? Are you in a head-to-head power struggle with someone? Take a step back to recognize and acknowledge these feelings. This is not a time to judge how you feel about it, just a time to concede these emotions. We are delightfully human after all, and these feelings are a natural part of our process.
2) Forgive. Create a ritual around any harboured grudges or negativity. Write them out on a piece of paper, strike a match, and watch them burn. The only one you hurt by holding onto past resentments and injustices, is you. Clean the slate and move forward with lighter energy and without the emotional baggage weighing you down. Leave the rest to Karma - she knows what she's doing.
3) Get your sexy back. Sensual Scorpio is all about being unapologetically comfortable in her own skin. Embrace this part of yourself without thinking about the five or ten extra pounds you need to lose, or that you haven’t shaved your legs, or it’s the middle of the day. Play! Indulge! Satiate! If there is no special someone in your life at the moment, pamper yourself. Get a massage, take a bubble bath, cuddle up with a cashmere blanket and a steamy romance novel.
4) Review your finances. Scorpios have a keen eye for investments and tend to save wisely. This is a good time to reassess if you’re income reflects your worth i.e., 1) the value you bring to your work, job, or career. Is that reflected in your paycheck? Are you making more than what you are spending? Are you living within your means? Who do you owe, and who owes you? Pull out your investment portfolios, review your will, get a head start on your end of year taxes.
5) Transform. Why not reinvent yourself? Scorpio is about birth, death, and regeneration. Examine where you are in your life and set some new goals. This is a terrific time to create some healthy habits moving forward.
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is negative in yourself. Truly the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self transformation.” – Lao Tzu, Philosopher & Writer